WordPress was originally designed as a platform for blogging but since then it has grown into an enterprise level CMS system. With a some modification it can be used to run your entire business website with or without a blog section (or call it news). The fact that WordPress was originally designed as a blogging platform gives it some compelling advantages over most other CMS systems.
It can be optimized for easily adding and changing your content content – even by non-technical users. Also getting good search engine rankings (SEO rankings) requires fresh and more importantly unique content being added on a regular basis. You need a content management system that does’nt get in your way when you want to update your business website with a new page or blog item.
So why is WordPress a good choice for your business website?
The Top Five Reasons to Use WordPress for Your Business Website
- SEO Rankings – WordPress provides great search engine optimization (SEO) stock right out of the box. There are a some tweaks we can make that make it even more powerful for your business. We have done this for many of our clients.
- Adding Content – it’s so easy to update content on your website without knowing any HTML coding. Do you hate the idea of having to learn a complex HTML editor tool like Dreamweaver? Do you have to ask your web guy every time you want to make a small change to your website? Once WordPress is set up for your business, you can easily create new pages or edit existing pages using a simple rich text editor. No coding skills necessary.
- Plugins and Extensions – There is a thriving community of developers creating themes and plug-ins. We can use these to extend your website with polls, contact forms, ratings or hundreds of other cool features without having to re-invent the wheel.
- Support – If you do have problems, or want to add very custom features, it is easy to find support and developers who can help you. There are literally thousands of WordPress developers out there. And there are so many people writing about WordPress that help is only a Google search away!
- Custom Look – You don’t have to have that templated look. Firms like ForceFive Media and others can tailor the look to be however you want it. Then you get all the great looks of a custom design with the rich feature set of a WordPress backend!